Job Title: Office Manager & Executive Administrator
Reports To: Director of Investor & Public Relations Location: Greenville, SC
FLSA Classification: Full-time Exempt Revised: May 2018
Upstate SC Alliance Team Environment: As the Upstate grows, there’s constant buzz about investment
and job creation. Join our group and be a part of growing a stronger economy in the Upstate. Our
dynamic team works with the public and private sector to position the 10-county Upstate to excel in
the global marketplace. Bring your positive energy and your desire to work in a team environment
that is focused on moving the Upstate forward.
Position Summary: The person in this role manages the office by coordinating general office
operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. He/she
supports finance and budget management and serves as the executive administrator to the
I. Core Position Responsibilities
A. Executive Administration
Provides administrative support to CEO including but not limited to:
• Manages the President/CEO schedule, which includes assisting with logistics and time management,
travel arrangements, checking phone messages, filing, expense reporting, general correspondence,
and other administrative support duties
• Meets with CEO on a regular basis to facilitate scheduling and other duties
• Coordinates the logistics of Executive Committee meetings, local economic developer meetings, and
other standing committees for which the CEO is responsible; manages all related correspondence
• Other tasks as assigned by the CEO
B. Office Management
• Manages vendor relationships (including IT, accounting, office supply, etc.)
• Responsible for overall office management to include: coordinating with building manager as
needed, maintaining a neat and clean office appearance, monitoring office supply inventory and
ordering supplies as needed, etc.
• Manages all front office activities including meeting and greeting visitors, maintaining the
appearance of the office area, answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate
team members, distributing mail, managing the flow of correspondence, and other additional clerical
and administrative duties as needed
• Ensures the functional use of staff office equipment (i.e. phone system, employee cell phones,
copy machine, printers, televisions, computers, fax machines and other small business equipment);
monitors contracts and handles maintenance or repair issues.
• Provides administrative support to the Upstate Alliance staff team which includes management and
distribution of the corporate calendar, assistance with company meeting logistics, etc.
• Prepares for office meetings and events by supporting all necessary set-up and clean-up
• Supports human resource activities such as new hire orientation, I-9 requirements, e-verify and
other administrative duties.
• Supports benefits coordination, reporting and relationships with service providers
• Manages the tracking of paid time off / vacation schedule for all employees
• Other general administrative duties as requested
C. Finance Management
• Serves as a liaison to accounting firm
• Manages bi-weekly invoice and expense report preparation including: collecting invoices and
reports, coding expenses to appropriate budget categories, ensuring accurate charges, logging
invoices and preparing reports for the CEO. Submits signed invoices to external accounting
department; ensures that aged payables are approved.
• Monitors vendors to ensure Upstate SC Alliance avoids late fees. When necessary, resolves
disputes with vendors.
• Assists with oversight of the organization’s budget and financials; supports annual budgeting
• Works with team to coordinate quarterly and annual state funds reporting
• Supports investor invoicing and collections on unpaid invoices and assists Director of Investor
Relations with investor/treasurer report.
II. Other or Non-Core Position Responsibilities
• Assists the team with investor relations efforts
• Attends/participates in team and community events, etc.
• Participates in various special and non-recurring projects
III. Essential Skills and Experience:
• Proven experience working in a multi-tasking environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to interact with executives on a regular basis.
• Able to interact with a variety of individuals including employees, vendors and investors
• Computer skills, including proficiency in Word and Excel
• Associate’s Degree or 10+ years of relevant experience
• Detail oriented, strong organizational & time management skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work independently, with little supervision and as part of a team
• Positive attitude
IV. Beneficial Skills and Experience
• Experience managing multiple vendor relationships
• BA or BS in business or related field
• Experience with Salesforce or other CRM
• Experience in benefits coordination
• Basic accounting skills
VI. Mental and Physical Demands (per ADA guidelines)
Physical Demands Lift/Carry Stand - O (Occasionally) Walk - F (Frequently)
Sit - F (Frequently)
Handling / Fingering - C (Constantly) Reach Outward - O (Occasionally)
Reach Above Shoulder - O (Occasionally) Climb - O (Occasionally)
Crawl - O (Occasionally)
Squat or Kneel - O (Occasionally) Bend - O (Occasionally)
10 lbs or less O (Occasionally) 11-20 lbs - O (Occasionally) 21-50 lbs - O (Occasionally)
51-100 lbs - N (Not Applicable) Over 100 lbs - N (Not Applicable) Push/Pull
12 lbs or less - O (Occasionally) 13-25 lbs - O (Occasionally)
26-40 lbs - N (Not Applicable) 41-100 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
nstantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)